Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pinterest, and a Whole Lot of Cross Stitch!

I know I have said this before but, Pinterest is awesome!  You can find anything out about everything DIY (Do it Yourself), some inspirational quotes, food, food and more food, most with recipes but even more with mouth-watering pictures, and for me, lots and lots of cross stitch.  Some of what I find are just pictures, some cute, some not so cute, but my favorite are the ones with color charts.  I have printed off a lot of those.  Putting the copies away for a later date to make for myself, for friends, for gifts and the like. 

There is a recipe for Lavender Laundry Detergent that I have been making for almost a year for our family.  It is so amazing to spend $20-$25 on a large batch of powdered detergent that lasts our family of four for almost five months, instead of the same amount for "good" quality name brand laundry detergent that lasts just about one month. 

So many of the recipes that I have for food is for casseroles and breads, of all different kinds.  One of my favorite ones that I have yet to try is for Pretzel Rolls.  They seem to be the "in" thing now.  Every place from fast food to fancier locales are serving these in differing capacities.

I have learned from different links how to clean our shower doors, whiten a bed cover, re purpose  even the most mundane household items and give them new life. 

Check it out, but be warned, Pinterest is so addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment