Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I won this amazing Cook Book, and...



I have decided to post how the recipe and meals go.  A few days ago, via snail mail, well Fed Ex, actually, I received a cook book that I had won for posting a comment to a blog post for the Crockin' Girls.  The cook book is HUGE!  After looking it over, the recipes both look good in the pictures and sound relatively easy to make.  It is a crock pot cook book after all, so ease is a big part of it, but most of the ingredients are things that are usually in our pantry anyway.

So, the first recipe I made for last night, was Salisbury Steak.  The recipe called for golden mushroom soup in a can, and since I have neither heard of, nor seem that, I had to improvise a bit.  Instead I added cream of chicken soup along with a small can of sliced mushroom, minus the can juices.  Also, I served the salisbury steak over egg noodles, and let me tell you...

It was a great big hit! With everyone, kids, hubby and me! We will be having that one again!

On tap for tonight, Cola Roast, and yes as the name infers, cola is added.  I am interested to see what the cola does to the meat.  My plan is to serve the roast with mashed potatoes.  I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment