Monday, January 30, 2012

Busy Week...

The week has practically flown by, and I even asked more than once what day it was. At the beginning of the week, I was able to order a Bountiful Basket, and as usual, I was not disappointed. I always tell myself that if I have any extra money when I place my order, I will buy an "extra", but as usual, there was none but that was perfectly okay. Saturday morning when I went to pick everything up, I ended up with cabbage, oranges, apples, blueberries, onions, red and green peppers, baby red potatoes, green beans, grapefruit, tomatoes, romaine lettuce and asparagus, all for $16.50. And not just one or two of each, I ended up with four onions, and nine peppers, and six apples, and five oranges. It never fails to surprise what is in the baskets. There is always something new and exciting. So that they would not go to waste, I cut up and bagged and incidentally froze the peppers, and onions to cook with later, my plan with at least some are philly sandwiches, and stir-fry. I made blueberry muffins Saturday night, no surprise there, but I am still searching for a cabbage recipe, not including coleslaw or steamed cabbage or cabbage rolls. We have done those before and want to try something new, so I am on the hunt for a different recipe. Plus, with Bountiful Baskets, the encourage volunteering at the site, and as usual, I did. It is great to see friends there and meet new people too. At the same time we are there, there is even a Zumba class occupying the same space, so it is quite energetic in the gym of the elementary school, not to mention loud...but certainly fun!
To keep you posted, my habits are forming. I only missed one day last week, as far as reading my scriptures, and I actually missed it. So, to make up for the unintentional "day off" I read at least twice as much the next day. As far as the body makeover, I like many others do well and stay focused earlier in the day than in the afternoon/evening. I think that it has to do with the fact that I have more self control, energy and focus earlier in the day, and less at night after running around after two kids under five all day. So, that will be what I will focus my energy towards this coming week. Plus, one thing I noticed. 100-ounces of water isn't too hard once you get into a routine. I drink from smaller glasses more often instead of a huge container. It helps me to feel accomplishment each time I finish one, and as for the excercise part, that is more challenging to complete, but I am finding different things to do. Like, Saturday, I volunteered at my Bountiful Baskets site, and that counted, I walk out to the mail box a few times a week, which is a good distance from the back door, I vacuumed for 30 minutes one day, and will again today, among other things. So, the exercise is there, I just need to remain on course.

No comments:

Post a Comment