Thursday, January 19, 2012

Got an Unexpected Call Yesterday...

The call was from my sister. My Step Sister actually. We have not been close in many years, and that has been difficult for both of us. You might think that an event or something that was said happened, then offense was taken, but neither is the case. There was just misunderstanding on both sides, and we never took the time until last year to verify with each other. We both made promises to not let that get in the way of our relationship, but life has a way of getting in the way. I miss her, and think of her often, but each time I wanted to call, it was either too late in the day, or too early, or I was on my way to some appointment, so calling was impossible. It turns out that it has been that way for her too. I have a busy family of five, and she has an extremely busy family of seven, and so life just does get in the way. Tough our call was maybe 15 minutes long, it was really nice to catch upwith her, however brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment