Monday, January 9, 2012

Taking a Break!

Have you ever needed one of those, well I do and I have decided to take a break from facebook. Just to see what I can otherwise accomplish, see who will miss me, and just catch my breath from all the drama that is after all, facebook! I will not be completely out of touch with everyone, most of my "friends" are actually family, and they can call me or better yet, come over to my house, and some of the friends also have a phone number to call. There will be some friends who I will miss, but it will only be for a short while, so it will make it nice to "catch up" and read their posts when I return. I am playing one of the games on facebook, and that will be okay to leave for a while. I tell myself that it is no big deal to leave it, after all, it will still be there when I return, it is only a game.
What will I do with my time then...I plan to spend time with my kids, read them stories, talk to them, make a nice dinner, have a conversation with my husband, bake some cookies, take a drive, read a book, or even take a nap...what it was that I could have been doing instead of staring at facebook. Eventually though, Facebook will once again wiggle it's way back into my day, but hopefully only in small batches. I saw earlier somewhere that it takes 21 days to form a habit. I shall see if I can make it that long, and also if that holds true!

No comments:

Post a Comment