Saturday, February 4, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday...

Okay, okay, so the Super Bowl is the major day for football, and there always seems to be a lot of Super Bowl Parties and other get-togethers, but it is Sunday! So, I asked my husband, the love that he is, when the Super Bowl starts, as I am not a huge fan of the game, but more about that in a minute. He said it starts about 2:30 p.m. our time, so I said, "Good, then I won't have to prepare food until I get home from church." To which he agreed. He wants me to, as he does every year to make easy to munch on food that will not take much time, for me supposedly and food that doesn't require sitting down at the table.
Just so you know, we do not have the big blow out here with lots of people over. It is just something we do not do, but as for the time it takes for me to prepare the different hand-held sandwiches, dips, putting out bowls of various chips, and in the past a couple different hand held desserts, it takes time, a lot of time to prepare for this. Don't get me wrong, but I am not as big into the game of football as my dear, sweet adorable teddy bear of a husband, and so I don't mind leaving the living room to eat a sit down dinner with the kids during the game. But, as he says, "It is only once a year." The one thing I do enjoy are the commercials though, but in the past couple of years, they have not been as good as in years past. I still remember the Coke commercial with Mean Joe Green, and the Budweiser Frogs, keeping in mind that I am a Latter Day Saint Woman, who lives the Word of Wisdom to the absolute best of my ability most days, I do indulge in chocolate more than I should, but really, can you blame me? Anyway, my point about the frogs is that they were funny, never mind the product they were selling.
So, Sunday morning, I will get up and go to church as I usually do on Sunday, I will sit through Sacrament, with our new Bishopric, and the try and participate in Sunday School, and then Relief Society, and then I will hold the door for some of the slower moving lovely ladies, as they pass me leaving the building, and may even take the long way around on the way home, then I will get home and pick up the pace a bit so that my husband can be ready, soda in hand, chips and sandwich on a plate nearby when the kick-off happens. The joys of being a loving wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment