Saturday, March 17, 2012

Admitting a Mistake and a New Recipe...

Okay, okay so I admit. I mistaken gave the wrong web address for Bountiful Baskets a few posts ago, so I figure that I should remedy that now.
The correct web address for the Bountiful Baskets Food Co-Op is www4.bountifulbaskets.org I cannot believe that I got that wrong, so sorry.
The reason I bring this up is that in today's basket, there was Kale,and I had no idea what to do with this leafy green and purple vegetable. So, a friend suggested the following and I looked the recipe up online. I typed into my search engine, Olive Garden Kale Soup Recipe, to which I found a few different variations, but I chose the one that included bacon, can you blame me, I can say I do not know many people who don't just love bacon. I doubled the recipe, just in case, and was able to feed our family of five, and still have three medium-sized containers full for the freezer. That is sure a pleaser for me.
A new thing that I am trying tomorrow afternoon for Sunday dinner is something I also have never tried. I am going to attempt to make Corned Beef and cabbage. I enjoy eating that, once a year, but have never made it myself, so I figured why not. I purchased the corned beef, and the instructions look pretty simple, and thanks again to the Bountiful Baskets basket that I got today, there were the potatoes, and the carrots, so the only thing for that recipe I picked up at the store, other than the Corned Beef was a few onions. One for the soup tonight, one for the Corned Beef and cabbage tomorrow, and the remaining one for the Pico de Gallo, that I plan to make next week, using the tomatoes from my Basket this week, and the peppers from my baskt two weeks ago. I am trying to use as much of my basket as I can, even if it means doing what I did today and searching the internet for new and unfamiliar recipes to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment