Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Official News is...

I have been called, sustained and set apart as the Assistant Librarian for our Ward Building! Scary, and a challenge but I am excited! The most scary part was when I was being sustained in meeting today, I was asked to stand so that everyone in the chapel could see who I am. Why that is scary is, that I sit at the front of the chapel, specifically, third row, center, for a reason. I know there are a lot of people, I just don't have to see all of them at once...
My favorite part of receiving a calling is when I am set apart, which is a blessing that is given to me, that I will have the ability to do my duties to the best of my ability. It was a special prayer, and the member of the Bishopric even got choked up and emotional as he was conveying the blessing. Which is sweet, and yet a bit comical as he is a big, burly guy who doesn't strike me as the emotional type, but that just made the prayer and the blessing that much more special to me! I just hope that I will not let anyone down, and be a source of help to the members who meet in our building, and also that I am able to lessen the burden of the Head Librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment