Don't get me wrong, I do love almost any kind of green bean casserole, but my additions to it, just add a little something extra.
What you need:
2 (14 ounce) drained cans of green beans, french style, or italian style, or cut style are fine.
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can of cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk, I use vitamin D, but not required
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmasan cheese
2 cups french fried onions
What to do:
- Combine the soup, milk, pepper, and granulated garlic in a large bowl, stirring until combined and smooth. Add the two cheeses and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Spray a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray, and pour the drained cans of green beans into it.
- Pour the soup and cheese mixture over the top of the beans to cover them.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with fried onions
- Return to oven for an additional 5 miutes to crsp the onions.
- Cool slightly and serve.
*The cheeses add an extra layer of flavor and cheesy goodnes to this staple for thanksgiving, Christmas or any other time of year. Try them and let me know what you think.