Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Cards vs. Holiday Newsletter

Christmas cards are fun to get, I really cherish the cards that I get in the mail every year, though the number is sadly dwindling.  Some of them have newsletters filled with a variety of information, others have copies of pictures included, some are in small print, while others have larger print, some are on fancy Christmasy letterhead, while others are on on colored paper.

I am set for both this year, as I have been in years past.  I just don't know how I am going to approach my address list this year.

The Christmas cards are pretty easy.  I sign the card with pretty much a generic signature, and with family I want to include a personal quote or a few comments, I do so.  This year, I have a family picture to include, as well as Robyn's school picture, to those select few. 

As for a newsletter, that is where things get a little tricky...Do I have enough to chat about for a newsletter?  Should I include good and bad scenarios?  Or should I just sugarcoat, like a lot of people find themselves doing this time of year?  Pictures or not?  How much or how little should I share?  There is a lot to consider if I go this route...

Well, I had better decide, I only have about two weeks to sign, address, include a newsletter if decided on and mail out before they might end up arriving after the holiday...

Now, if only I could decide who is getting a card this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment