Saturday, November 26, 2011

Time to Get Ready!

It is time to get ready, and I am excited and dreading it all at the same time! My kids and husband will start bringing in the Christmas decorations and all of my festive stuff today. That is a tradition of my family and Jim and I adopted that when we got married. I take down fall decor and put up Christmas stuff the weekend after Thanksgiving. I look forward to this for weeks, much to the chagrin of my dear husband. Because, he gets to do all the heavy lifting for me, so that is understandable. I dread my house becoming all festive for two reasons this year. One reason happens each year, and that is that I hate having to put everything away. It NEVER fits in the box right, and the big roll of tape gets brought out for this very reason, to make things fit. The other reason is fairly new this year. You see, I am relatively afraid of spiders, especially big ones, and I have heard a bug or two squeal with fright at the appearance of one in my kitchen, above the oven hood, where I have canisters and old masons jar as decorations. The plan is for the holidays we are going to put some of the smaller village pieces up there, so that requires facing my fear of that spider. Which I also fear is a big one, that could run at me, instead of away. So, everyone else who is preparing to decorate for the holiday season, this wekend, good luck, and happy decorating! Don't forget a fly swatter or a big can of bug killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment